Notification to Residents, Representatives, and Family Members
We want to provide you with an update on the situation at Platte County Legacy Home and Assisted Living regarding the novel coronavirus or COVID-19, including the number confirmed cases as well as efforts we are undertaking. The safety and wellbeing of our residents is our top priority. We are doing what we can to limit the spread of COVID-19 within Platte County Legacy Home and Assisted Living.
Here is a more detailed update regarding the prevalence of COVID-19 in our center/community. When a resident tests positive, we notify residents and their representative(s) of their condition and implement protocols for their care and treatment. We also follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), including return to work guidance, for staff who test positive.
As of September 20th, 2021, 2 Staff members and 2 residents have tested positive for COVID-19. Currently visitation is discontinued.
Platte County Legacy Home and Assisted Living has completed three COVID-19 vaccination clinics for our residents and staff.
Platte County Legacy Home and Assisted Living is staying in very close communication with local and state health officials to ensure we are taking all the appropriate steps under current circumstances. We are also following guidance from the CDC and CMS to reduce the spread and impact of COVID-19, such as:
- Enhanced infection control precautions
- Screening residents, staff, and essential visitors for symptoms
- Restricting visitation and entry of people to the building
- Testing staff and residents for COVID-19 based on current protocols and availability of tests
- Postponing or carefully limiting communal activities including social distancing and other infection control precautions